Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Google Helpouts

A couple weeks ago I was invited to join Google Helpouts.  When Google does something it tends to be a pretty cool idea.  Helpouts are no exception.  The way it works is that you get to spend time via webcam with an expert in a particular field.  If you want to learn how to play something on the guitar or having difficulties with your computer or if you  or even have a healthcare issue, there is most likely a Helpout instructor for you on the site.  Some are free, some are paid, it's all up to the instructor.

As with everything on the internet I had to create a profile that touches on my experience and what I can teach.  I also had to make a one minute video of myself.  That is really, hard.  I literally took me hours of filming, not to mention scripting, editing and cleaning the studio in preparation. All of that had to be sent to Google for approval, than I had to fix whatever they thought needed fixing then sent back for approval and now, it's finally live.  Yay.


Now let's see what happens.  If you, or anyone you know would like to try a lesson with me I am giving everyone the first lesson for free.  Just click on the Helpout's logo on the right, directly under the email sign up form.

Wood Fired Dragon Yunomi by Future Relics Pottery
Wood Fired Dragon Yunomi

Speaking of helping out, don't forget that I'm trying to raise some funds for a couple of potters who lost their home, studio, and pets in a fire.  I'm donating 50% of the proceeds from this month's Etsy sales directly to them.  I will be posting new pots in the store each week so keep checking back and remember, your purchase is doing a lot of good.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. You are generous to offer to help like that, where I stay hidden in my bat cave, jealously guarding my secrets ;) NICE dragon btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary. I do love to teach so that helps me to want to do this.

      Delete
  2. it is fun to teach other's they are so inquisitive about the processes and it's also fun to see their development

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I had not yet heard of Google Helpouts! I think I may just take you up on that first free class... :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts