No matter if it's a pot luck, a picnic, cookout, or formal dinner, they are always a lot of fun. I love introducing new friends to each other and a dinner party is a great way to do it. So here are a few reasons I've complied for you to have a dinner party.
|Pot Luck Dinner|
1. You want to spend some time with your friends without feeling rushed in a restaurant. Face it, nobody should be rushing you to give up the table in your own home. Even if they don't rush you in a restaurant, you know the wait staff is paid mostly on tips and it's only kind to give up the table when you're done.
2. You found a great new recipe you'd like to share with your friends. If you haven't really found that recipe yet, check out Meatless Mondays on this blog or check out Pinterest for links to lots, and lots of recipes.
3. You have a beautiful piece of hand crafted pottery that should be shared with friends/family. This is a pottery blog, you knew I'd use pottery as an excuse.
4. Your garden is in bloom and looks gorgeous. Why not enjoy the pretty flowers with your friends, you put a lot into making that garden look great. Extra points if your garden has edibles that you can share with your friends/family.
5. You've cleaned your house. Okay, so maybe you keep your house pretty clean all the time, still, why not invite the neighbors over when the house is looking good.
6. You just got a new puppy. No? Well go get one and socialize it with a couple guests coming to visit. Of course please adopt responsibly, like from your local shelter or rescue organization.
7. Your friends are great cooks and you get to enjoy their food at a pot luck.
8. You have new neighbors and you want to welcome them to the neighborhood. What better way to get to know your new neighbors than by spending a little time with them, besides it's a nice thing to do, especially when someone is trying to feel at home in a new home.
9. The weather is perfect for ___________ (fill in the blank. Examples "a cook out," "fresh baked bread," "homemade soup," "a salad"
10. It's the weekend!
What reasons would you add to the list? Let's start a movement. Commit to having people over for dinner a few times this year. You'll all enjoy it.