Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Art-B-Que This Weekend

Every art festival that I do has good points and bad points.  The hope is that the good points far outweigh the bad and that lots of people take my pottery home with them.  Some shows are set up to be good because the promoter really gets what it's like to be an artist trying to make a living.  That's why artist when a show is organized by an artist it's where I want to be.

So it is with Art-B-Que which is organized by Avondale Estates artist Bart Webb.  He makes the festival lots of fun for the attendees and takes care of the artists.  It's a pretty well organized show, volunteers come around with coolers full of water so we don't dehydrate and he makes it a fun event for the community while still focusing on the art.

Lori Buff pottery at Art-b-que
Art-B-Que 2012

Some really good bands are scheduled to play throughout the weekend, some top notch food trucks will be serving the Bar-B-Que and other fare and it's a juried artist market so you know the art is great.

I spend a lot of time at this show hugging friends and catching up with what they've been doing since we last saw each other.  That's pretty awesome too, so if you can make it out to Avondale Estates this weekend please look for my booth we can exchange hugs.

Saturday, May 11, 2013 10am - 7pm
Sunday, May 12, 2013 11am - 6pm

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Gary, you can come this weekend, the guest room is always open for you.

      Delete
  2. How do I get on the mailing list for this next year?

    And, I'm going to a Craw B Q tomorrow ! Crawfish & BBQ.....

    Excited about my teapot.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, I'll add you to my mailing list right now. I've also got a sign up form on the right sidebar. Don't worry about too much email, I don't have time to send out more than about 1 email a month, less some months.

      A Craw B Q sounds delicious, enjoy.

      The tea pot is in progress, clay always makes you wait.

      Delete
  3. Your booth looks super, have a good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, the Art-B-Que photographer took this shot last year and it made the slide show for the web site this year. It's a good picture, better than I would have done.

      Delete
  4. Have a great show! We are doing an outdoor show this weekend as well. Let's hope for perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toes crossed for an excellent time. I'm with you virtually.....it's too far for a one day trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts