Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Slow & Steady

It never seems like enough.  No matter how many pieces you make, no matter how much you have in stock it never seems like enough.  Do you ever feel this way?
In the community studio where I teach I see potters working feverishly before a show, trying to get enough pieces made to have a full display and good sales.  I don't usually do that, I just plod along at a comfortable pace. 
As I've been working in my studio I've been watching this icicle form.  It started out about 3" long but over the course of a few days it has grown to over 18".  One drop at a time.  Watching it reminds me that if I just keep at it I'll have enough pots to sell and a few to give away, and even a few to break (nothing anyone wants) without making myself too crazy.
The book "The Art of Racing in The Rain" by Garth Stein touches on this concept, it's a great book, I highly recommend it.
 
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. Beautiful message! I loved "The Art of Racing in the Rain"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post, love the icicle and can't wait to check out the book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts