Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Soda Kiln

Atlanta has seen a lot of rain this week. Luckily we had a break at the same time that this kiln was being loaded. It's a joy to load a kiln when the weather is nice but not so much when it's miserable. Even the cold weather doesn't bother me too much because I can warm the kiln, dress well, and because when I focus on where the pieces are going to be placed really takes my mind off the cold weather. It’s similar in hot weather, I just find a fan and drink plenty of water.

Rain isn't a friend of glaze so it's important to try to keep the pots dry while they are being loaded into the kiln. Plus, I don't like standing around in the rain. I always feel bad for the actors when I see a rain scene in a movie. I assume it took all day to shoot that. I'd just want to go home and take a bath. I, know, it's weird to want to soak in a tub of water when you're already soaked to the skin from rain. What can I say, I’m weird.

Soda Kiln Loaded
 

Anyway, I think the loading went well and that we should have some nice pots from it. I sure hope so since I have 3 shows coming up at the end of April and this is a large amount of the work for those shows.

We have a Studio Assistants Sale at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, which runs for the first few days of Fired Works in Macon, GA which runs into the Inman Park Festival in Atlanta, GA. Yes, I’ll have some overlap so I won’t have any pots to spare. Check out the links or the calendar in the sidebar to get the dates and details. I’d love to see you there. I do suspect I’ll have some pots left over which I hope to put for sale on-line.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2naA4Gq

Checkout the new gallery page: www.FutureRelicsGallery.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts