Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Hike to Disaster

Have you heard about the 52 Hike Challenge? It's something I've been doing for fun and exercise this year. It's really good for my soul to get out and walk. I seem to have been doing a mix of urban hikes and woodsy hikes. It’s been a lot of fun and the dogs love it.

This week we took a section of the Atlanta Beltline and did some rubbernecking at the site of the I-85 Bridge collapse that happened a few days earlier. What a mess. It's estimated that about 250,000 vehicles use that bridge on a normal day. That's a lot of people that will have to change their commute. I hope many of them start using mass transit or carpooling.

I-85 Bridge Collapse
 

We stayed a safe and respectable distance from the site since they are doing a lot of work repairing the bridge and investigating the fire. It did seem weird to see no traffic and then the huge hole. It’s a wonder nobody was hurt.

My pots are in a wood kiln right now and we’ll be loading the soda kiln tonight so I should have some fresh pottery pictures soon.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2ntW9ek

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. It is amazing there were no injuries. Scary!
    I had not heard of the 52 hike challenge. I will follow your link to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!
      The challenge has been a lot of fun. We’ve explored some places nearby that we didn’t even realize existed and have some interesting hikes planned for the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts