Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Glaze Happieness

Sometimes a new glaze, or a combination of two old familiar glazes can bring new excitement to a potter's work.  I've found that to be true with this combination of a chocolate brown glaze and Steven Hills Apricot.  It's fun how much depth and how many colors these two glazes in combination give this juicer.
Fruit Juicer by Future Relics Pottery
Handle of Jucer
It also breaks and pools really nicely.  Browns, blues, copper reds, apricots, and more.  Joy.

Pottery Juicer by Lori Buff
Juicer with Combo Glaze
Now I'm thinking about what other pieces I can make that would play with this glaze combination.  What would you make?

While I'm excited about this glaze I'm also excited about being part of the Brookhaven Arts Festival this weekend.  It looks like it's going to be a great show, it's the first time I've done this one.  I applied a few years ago but was not accepted.  I'm glad they thought my work was good enough this year.  It'll be nice to meet some new people and see some friends that live in that neighborhood.

I'm also making pots for another wood firing in November.  Stay tuned for that fun.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Good idea, I'll do other pots, maybe some carved pieces so the glaze can play.

      Delete
  2. congrats on the show acceptance! and yes that's a yummy looking glaze combo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts