Skip to main content

Featured

Hipster Hippo don't care about no snow.

via Instagram http://ift.tt/2iSOLti

What is This?

The other day I was looking through some old travel photos when I came across this one from Palazzo Vecchio in Florence, IT.  I love the old building but I don't know what that statue like thing on the corner of the building is.  It looks like it might be some navigation device but I'm making that up.  I really don't know.  Do you? What's it look like to you?

Palazzo Vecchio Florence, IT
I think we had gelato at the stand you can just see in the lower right corner of the picture.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. I know what it is. A layer of narrative.

    XO T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Tara, I thought you would like this. I was looking for more specifics but that's actually a really good answer.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a stylized bird, maybe a weather vane or lightening rod?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I guess it could be a weather vane or lightening rod, I hadn't really seen it that way.

      Delete
  3. i have no clue what it is but i would LOVE to be eating gelato under that awning right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be right there with you.

      Delete
  4. Good eye for noticing it. The mark of a true artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nora, it takes on to know one.:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts