Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Savor Everyday Moments

The experts say that savoring everyday moments helps to keep us happy and healthy.  It seems like it would be a good way to avoid non-chemical depression in our lives.  When was the last time you saw someone literally stop to smell the roses? When was the last time you did?   Whenever we ask someone how they are they either say "good" (I love it when they say "well" or "fine" because I'm a grammar geek about that) or "busy."  In a previous post I wrote about the things artist do while working.  That included napping.  So if we are thinking about an afternoon nap as work are we really savoring it?  Ok, I am trying to savor that nap but it's not always comfortable when I say "Honey, I'm going to work, wake me up when dinner is ready."
Face it, we are all busy.  We are creating, marketing, selling at art shows, shipping to galleries,...the list goes on and on. Just don't forget to remember what a great life you have and be thankful that you're so busy.
What moments did you savor today?

Other Stuff:


I Savor Each Moment of Each Day
A Healthy Attiude

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. Yep I'm all for savoring every day, this morning it was the pink clouds at sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we are on the same wavelength this week. I was sitting with my uncle at the hospital today and there was a magazine article about this woman that decided to create a happiness project and tried to do something every day for one year that brought her joy or brought joy to someone else. I found this odd that she had to make a project of it, I do this every day, otherwise I would just go stick my head in the oven. I like to be happy! But I did like some of the things she did, made me smile while I sat in a gloomy hospital room. This week I have just been happy to sit and talk to uncle uninterrupted for two days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, that sounds beautiful.
    Tracey, you reminded me of spending time with my grandmother as she aged and her body failed her but her mind was still sharp. I listened to her stories and learned a lot of my family history and who she really was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts