Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Earth Day

This weekend a lot of people will be celebrating Earth Day.  Concerts and festivals have been advertised with the other chatter about this holiday on the internet.  I'm happy to see it, I think awareness is important.  We are all told to recycle but sometimes we don't understand the impact.  I didn't even think about the imact to the environment when I gave up eating meat.  I just thought about the cows and other poorly treated farm animals.   Who knew I was helping to remove carbon dioxide from the air.  I've read
“If every American skipped one meal of chicken per week and substituted vegetables and grains... the carbon dioxide savings would be the same as taking more than half a million cars off of U.S. roads.”  Who knew?

But Earth Day has another connotation for those of us that work with the Earth every day.  I think about potters, farmers, conservationists, park rangers and a host of other professions where working with the planet is a big part of the job.  I am really happy that everyday is Earth Day for us.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts