Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Done For a Minute

The last couple of weeks were crazy for me. If you've been reading the blog or keeping up with me on social media you've seen the back to back and overlapping shows I've done. Those are now done, the last pots are home and it's time for me to relax and enjoy a cold one.

I'd like to express my deepest gratitude to everyone that made the shows possible. I won't name names because I'm bound to forget someone but I do want to thank everyone at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center who helped make that show a success. I'm so lucky to work at such a beautiful place with such talented people. Everyone at the Macon Arts Alliance that helped put on Fire Works has my thanks, I appreciate everything they do to make this amazing event come together so well. I can't even imagine all the work that goes on behind the scenes of an event this big. I'd also like to say thanks to all the people that are involved in the Inman Park Festival. It takes staff, volunteers, and nice neighbors to make this show work. I was especially grateful for the portable restrooms, clean flush toilets, soap, and running water are a joy every day but even more so when we are expecting the hot, smelly blue things that are the norm. Last, but not least, I'd like to thank all the people that came out and supported the arts by buying pottery. Without you, all of the hard work of the people who put on the shows and all the work that I did would have been for naught. Whether you spent $15 or $150 or more, you helped all of us feel some love.


Ceramic pitcher with Shino glaze by Future Relics Gallery
Shino Pitcher

I can't rest for very long.  I have pots to make for customers and for autumn shows plus I still have classes to teach and I want to write a workshop proposal so I can start doing workshops at various art centers and schools.  I also feel like it would be good to get back into doing some online sales while continuing to work with the stores and galleries who are nice enough to carry my pottery.

Don't forget to follow me on social media or sign up for my email list so we can keep in touch.


Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

Popular Posts