Skip to main content

Featured

Ground Breaking

Reuse, recycle, reduce. We hear these ideas all the time and I tend to think they are good ones. It comes in especially great when someone gives me an old kiln.  That is exactly what happened when the electric kiln that we used for cone 6 glaze firing gave up the ghost at Callanwolde. It’s a good size kiln, much bigger than my electric kiln but I’m not interested in rewiring this one. You may remember I did that with my electric kiln when I installed the kiln sitter (you can read about that here) which I got from another free kiln.

My plan for this kiln is to make it a reduction kiln since that is the look I like best for my pots. I am even considering adding a stoke hole so I can feed some small piece of wood into the kiln for some ash and wood effects.

Before I can start converting it into a gas kiln I need to build a kiln shed. My current kiln room is fine for the electric kiln but it’s too crowded to add flame to the mix. I’m designing a simple lean-to type shed that will have a m…

Love From Highwater Clay

Do you open your clay box upside down?  I do.  It's easier to get the bags out because Highwater folds the top part of the bag underneath the clay.  I assume this is to make sure the bag stays shut tight and the clay stays moist.

Today I found a message stamped into the flap of the box.  I never would have seen it if I had not opened the box at the bottom.  It felt like I found an Easter egg.

Special Message

I'm not certain but I think it says "Packed with love by T. Crittenden and crew."  I looked at a few other boxes that I have open, none have this or a similar stamp.

Thanks T. Crittenden and crew, returning the love.


Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. And they know you're using their product with LOVE !

    XO T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random acts of kindness, we need more things packed with love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always open the bags from the top I'll start opening from the bottom from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute! I always doodle messages onto packages I ship too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts