Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me


It's been a while since my last post, I guess the holiday season rushing is sucking me in despite my best efforts to  avoid the panic.  I have many of my gifts purchased but still have trips to the post office to make and wrapping that needs to be done.
On Thursday night my partner and I went to see the taping of Sunday's episode of "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" the NPR news quiz.  It was so much fun.  The live taping takes much longer than the 1 hour radio show and I enjoyed every minute.  If you ever get a chance to see it I highly recommend going for it.
Friday and Saturday I dropped off some pottery at Live Again Antiques and Occasions in East Atlanta Village and The Mercantile in Chandler Park.  Both of them are fantastic stores, you should stop in and shop them even if you don't buy any of my pottery.
On Saturday afternoon I was at Art 101 Gallery on Main Street in Canton, GA for the Georgia Clay Council's Holiday Market.  The show features 28 different clay artists which makes for a wide variety of works.  I seemed to notice a new piece every time I looked around.  The traffic into the gallery was pretty steady and sales are good.  A lot of people will be getting beautiful holiday gifts from their friends in the area.  The show's last days are Thursday 12/17/09 - Saturday 12/20/09.
The holiday show at Mudfire in Decatur is going well also.  The gallery is full of works from the studio members as well as better known artists such as Kyle Carpenter, Mark Knot and Clay Fetish Pottery.  It's a great place to shop for your holiday gift giving, and maybe something for yourself too. The show runs through Dec 21, 2009.


Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts