Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup

Sometimes the weather influences how and what we eat.  Warm weather makes us seek fresh, cool foods like fresh fruit and salads, cooler weather makes us want a meal that comes to the table steaming hot from the oven.  Spring and fall are transitional seasons where we want some of each and some in between stuff.

The other day I planned to make a Roasted Cauliflower Salad but the week turned cool and rainy before I could make it.  This weather calls for soup.  If you're a regular reader here you know I like to make some soup.  I looked online for a recipe and quickly found one that called for all the ingredients I had in my house plus it sounded delicious so it was the one I tried and I'm so glad I did.  This soup gave the warming quality that I desired while also tasting fresh and light and, most importantly, delicious.  I quickly determined that this recipe was a keeper and one I thought you might love also.  You can find it here:

 http://www.thekitchn.com/creamy-curried-cauliflower-soup-recipes-from-the-kitchn-187007

You may notice that it's not only vegetarian but also vegan.  I think it's perfect the way it is, I would not change a thing.

Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup

It's been suggested that I mention who made the pottery in my recipe pictures, I'll try to remember but you also may recognize a few of the artists I dine with.  The soup bowl and the grate plate was made by me, the wine goblet by Cynthia Bringle, the blue serving bowl is Alice Woodruff's and the square bread plate is unknown but really beautiful.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. Definitely soup weather once again. Jeff made a big pot of spicy sausage and arugula soup the other night, it really hit the spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good Michèle, I bet it could be made with soysage if you wanted a meatless version.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts