Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Silence Means Working

We all know it's the holiday season, people are doing a lot of shows and a lot of making so we can keep stock fresh for the shows and the galleries.  It's a hectic time of the year.  So, since I've got so much free time (note the sarcasm) I decided to volunteer for the Telephone Factory Art Show and Sale planing committee.  It's been one of my best and favorite shows for the past few years and I hated the idea that it might go away if people didn't volunteer to help make it happen.  So I committed to do my best to make this a really great show, even if that means a little less blogging or something.
Historically the people of Atlanta (and surrounding area) have been really good about supporting this show.  The venue is cool, the art tends to be very diverse and great and the party atmosphere creates a really good time.
This year the challenge will be getting residents to host the show since so many of the resident artist have had to move out.  I don't think it'll be a big problem though, it seems that a good sense of community is a part of living in these lofts.
I hope to see you there.
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. people volunteer for all kinds of reasons, but you don't often hear about it when its art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still trying to comment, we'll see if it's fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I think it went through this time. Slow but went

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts