Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Sugar Skull Mug

This is the time of year where we see lots of skulls and skeletons on American, but in other cultures people celebrate their deceased ancestors at different times of the year.  Although we tend to think of sugar skulls as being from Mexico their history can be traced back to Palermo, Italy where my great-grandfather was born.  So you see the ancestor connection.

Day of the Dead Mug by Lori Buff
Sugar Skull Mug

This is one of my favorite mugs from a recent firing.  I love the color of the glaze and the way the sugar skull came out.  The painting has that watercolor quality that I’m continually trying to achieve.

I was going to take pictures of it to put on Etsy but I have so many shows coming up in November and December that I don’t feel like I can give my Etsy Store the attention it deserves right now.  That’s something I need to fix for next year.  In the meantime, I’ll be at the Chastian Park Arts Festival this weekend so I need to get back to the studio.  If your near the park on Nov 1st or 2nd stop by my booth and say “hi.”

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. wow, that's a beautiful and happy skull mug, some skulls I've seen seem too ghoulish for my taste, have some great shows; I don't think I've ever heard of them called sugar skulls before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I like the sugar skulls because they have more to do with happy memories and celebration than with scaring someone.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts