Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Pots I Love - Nancy Green Ikebana

This piece has been in my collection for almost a year and it gets used regularly.  I love to garden, food, flowers, shrubs, any kind of plant as long as it's not invasive.  Even better if it's native but I also enjoy some non-natives that seem friendly and beautiful.  The thing is, I hate to cut the flowers and bring them in the house to fill a vase.  I never seem to have enough blooms and I like to share them with my neighbors. That's why I like this ikebana pot.  I only have to cut 3 plants to make a pretty arrangement for the house.  Plus, it's just a beautiful pot.



This ikebana was made by Nancy Green whose studio is in Watkensville GA which makes it fairly easy for me to find her pottery.  She has a fantastic grasp of the Japanese esthetic, something I'm draw to.

It's been a long time since I've shown you any pottery from my collection.  I've had other things to write about, I guess.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I do too but a lot of thought and work actually goes into a really good one. I'm not there yet, I'm just trying to make something pretty.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts