Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Condiment Bowl

Here's a new form for me.  Well, it's not completely new, I tried to make one with three bowls a while back but it didn't come out well.  After a few tries I gave up because something else caught my interest. Now just felt right for trying again and I like this style. Since I started making this knob/handle for my mixing bowls I've found a few places where it fits well and this seems to be one of them.

Double Condiment Pottery Bowl by Lori Buff
Condiment Bowl
I made a couple using half pound bowls and a couple using 3/4 pound bowls.  I'm not sure if I want to go larger or if I want to try the tripple again.  It's tempting.  These feel really delicate in this greenware stage, I hope they survive the bisque firing.  I'll show you pictures once they are glazed, if the kiln gods smile on me.
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. looks great. when I first started with pottery I made a three condiment serving dish and used a plastic form. it came out great except something in the kiln landed right in the middle section, darn. I may still have that plastic form somewhere, I'll have to look, I think I got it at a dollar store. These multi or divided type of forms are so very useful on the table or for buffets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think making these as small bowls works the best. really nice Lori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith, I do like the size and think they will work well.

      Delete
  3. I love condiment dishes. My favorite way to serve a meal is to fill little bowls full of fruits and nuts, bread and crackers, some tapenade, add a soup or salad and then just hang out at the table and graze.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, that sounds like a good way to visit with family and/or friends.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts