Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Signing Up For My First Wood Firing

I love wood fired pottery. This may seem strange for someone who loves raku so much but it's true.  It because in both forms you can see the effects of the firing so directly on the pots.  Each pot will have an element of surprise and every angle will look different.  The firing time span may be drastically different but the potters involvement is not.  So when I was told about the anagma firing at Hambidge next month I immediate wrote a check to I could get my pots into the kiln.  Of course I don't have those pots made just yet but that's not a problem, I'm just excited (one could say "stoked") at the possibility of being there and being involved.
I'm told that this firing may have a low attendance due to some potters being in school.  If you can make it to north Georgia during the beginning of Oct and would like to do some wood firing now's the time to sign up.
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. I've never been to a wood firing, one of these days, have fun; I am sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I will have fun too. I'll be posting pictures and stories too, so stay posted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts