Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Over Reporting?

I'm an NPR junkie, I'll admit it.  I love the in-depth reporting, I like that they try to present both sides of a story and I really love "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me."  However, some times I think they, like many other new programs, over do a story.  I am also a loyal Toyota driver so that may be part of my thoughts and feelings by all the coverage of Toyota's problems of late.  I don't expect that the extended news coverage is really going to make my 1999 Tacoma lose it's resale value, and frankly, I don't care.  I'm not planing to sell it anytime soon anyway.  But yesterday I hear an interview that Renee Montagne had with Chris Arnold who agreed that the problems with the gas pedal is not something to take lightly, especially since is has caused a tragic loss of life but Chris did the math and determined that someone is 30 times more likely to get struck by lightening than to be a victim of a faulty Toyota.  So why are we not hearing even 1% of air time dedicated to how to remain safe in a thunderstorm?

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. Good point. I rely on NPR to provide the interesting stories, or at least angles, that no one else is reporting on. I'm disappointed that they seem to be becoming more like "mainstream" media in that they are beating stories to death.
    I'm also annoyed that I can't comment from Firefox - what's up with that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked Toyotas, and frankly, we can blame the republicans for all this I am SURE :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts