Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Shopping At Cousins in Clay

The Cousins in Clay sale is at Michael Klein's studio this weekend.  Michael and Bulldog Pottery of Seagrove, NC have teamed up to bring us a wonderful collection of pots.  Since Michael's place is only 10 minutes from Penland I was more than happy to head over there to check it out.  Of course I made a purchase and when Michael was filling out the receipt he recognized my name which was quite thrilling for this emerging artist.  That lead to an invitation to stay for lunch and a tour of the studio and wood kiln.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  Michael's wife, Stacey Lane came home and we were introduced.  I've seen her here at Penland as she was teaching a metals class.  It was great to see how inspired she was by the student's work.  I love thinking about how cyclical teaching can be; the teachers inspire the students who inspire the teachers.
It was also fun to meet Samantha Henneke and Bruce Gholson of Bulldog Pottery.  They are very sweet people who also made me feel very welcome and at home.  It was interesting talking to them about Seagrove and the potter's there and how things have been evolving the past few years.  They've further inspired me to visit Seagrove.  Like I need another excuse.
If you're near Backersville, NC do try to stop by the show, you won't be disappointed. 

Comments

  1. Lucky girl! The Klines and Bruce and Samantha are such super nice people. I'm still jealous of your time up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, I am fortunate to be able to be here and to be able to visit with these fantastic potters. It's really fun to have this concentration of artists in one area.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts