Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Water, Water Everywhere...

Nor any drop to drink.  So goes the line from the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.    The poem was written in 1797 - 98 and that part still holds true today for many people in the world.  Much of the water in this world is dangerous to drink, it can cause death it's so dangerous.  Because of this I've been trying to raise funds to go on a tour with Potters For Peace by selling some of my seconds at shows.  If I don't raise enough money to go I'll just donate whatever I have gotten. 
But this is not a request for donations, this is a request for action (although donations will not be turned down).  I am asking you to think about the water you use and drink everyday.  I'm asking you to think about how you can use less and keep what water we do have cleaner.  One small step I take is to reuse my throwing water for a few days, what can't be reused goes to watering a plant. I do this with the slop bucket only, no glaze or anything with heavy metals or harmful chemicals in it.   That may not seem like much, maybe a liter a day but at the end of the year that's 365 liters of water saved or returned to the Earth.  I also have rain barrels installed under my downspouts, that saves a lot of water from going into the storm drain instead of to give my garden a drink.
What are you doing?  What more can you do?  I welcome your comments.

Blog Action Day 2010: Water from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

Popular Posts