Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Atlanta Clay's Birthday Party

This past weekend Atlanta Clay celebrated their second year in business with a party only they could throw (pun intended).  The party was a Tiki theme including a nice Tiki Bar with volcano punch and a keg of beer right next to a food table full of wonderful treats made by many of the guests.  The nice thing about potters is that many of them are really great cooks too.
After letting us enjoy the food and the bar we started playing games including blindfolded hand building and a clay version of Pictionary.  I gotta tell you it's really fun to watch otherwise competent artists try to make sculptures under a time limit and without being able to see.  It was really a hoot as was clay Pictionary which tends to be a really fun game anyway as long as it's not over played.
The evening ended in a raffle which included prizes like soap, t-shirts, glazes, a banding wheel (generously donated by Shimpo) and the grand prize of one ton of clay.  I tried hard to win the clay but the kiln gods or tiki gods or someone wasn't smiling on me and I didn't win.  I did however win some glazes so look for even more colors on my clay pallet.
Ton of Clay Winner-he's a happy man
I can't wait to see what happens next year.
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. How cool, a tiki party, can't wait to see your new glazes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting, a new chapter with your glazes AND front door color.

    Social Media? I'm getting appointments local & out-of-state from readers of my blog. Amazed. Created my blog to have a repository of ideas/pictures for clients. Not knowing it would attract new clients.

    Wish I had photography as good as your on my blog. Your work is gorgeous.

    Garden & Be Well, XO T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts