Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Perspectives: Georgia Pottery Invitational 2010

The Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation (OCAF) Georgia Pottery Invitational show and sale is being held in Watkinsville, GA now through September 15 2010.  This is a must see show for anybody who is interested in pottery and art.  The amount of fantastic pottery is almost overwhelming.  I have found that it's best to stroll through the isles two or three times to really see everything and enjoy the artists work.
I like to explore the work of potters who make complex or altered forms and try to figure out how they created a form.  Often I'll go back to my studio and test my theories.  This show has an entire room dedicated to Out of Round pottery by some of my favorite artists.  You can find descriptions about how the pots were altered  posted near the work.  I was having fun trying to figure it out and then see if I was right, or close.
It was also fun to see the work of fellow bloggers who I follow and members of the Georgia Clay Council who's work I may not have seen recently.  I highly recommend heading to Watkinsville to see this show.  It's a lot of fun.  Hours are 10-5 everyday.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. My head is swimming just looking at all the pots in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fumed ginger jar on your etsy site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts