Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Growing Pains

This is part of what a mornings worth of work looks like for me.




Yes, I'm working in my laundry room which is fairly large as it is a converted porch. But it's still pretty cramped quarters so my pots end up all over the house.  Thankfully, we start construction on the studio next week.  I'm excited but also a bit apprehensive about setting it up well.  It'll be a small space also so efficiency is mega important.
I'm planing to place my wheel in front of a window with a work table and wedging table very close and open shelves on as much of the wall space as I can manage.  I'm also going to look for a rubber mat to lay on the floor thinking it will be good to stand on, insulating and easy to clean.
What are some ideas that you are using or would like to have in your ideal studio?


Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

  1. For me, I'd need some good storage shelves/cabinets to keep it uncluttered. And some source of music piped in!

    Good luck with your studio, can't wait to see it!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of cabinets/drawers for any studio cohabitants to shove their "projects" in. Plenty of electricity (or solar or some power source.). Lots of light.
    I can't imagine who those cohabitants would be ;), but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The window is a good idea, I enjoy looking out the window in my studio as I gather my thoughts and rest my eyes occasionally. Lots of storage, no matter how much there is you always need more. I carry in my water but one of those sink things that traps the clay would be great. A spot to take photos that i wouldn't have to take down, but no room so I go into the next room to do that. I have a ceiling fan that I can adjust the speed and that helps keep me cool and also can dry slabs quicker if I need it too. Storage for ware boards and plastic bags, etc. Oh the list goes on an on. If I had my druthers I'd have a ware house. he he good luck with your studio can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like I should plan on lots of storage. I'm already planing a bunch of shelves and storage under the work table and wedging table, and of course in the kiln room. It sounds like a good idea to look at every available space. I wish I could have the room to keep a light box set up but no such luck. Thankfully, I have access to a pro set up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts