Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Summer Pottery Class

Have you ever wanted to take a pottery class and learn how to throw pots on the potter's wheel?  Lots of people tell me that they would love to learn this skill when they discover I'm a potter.  I've been teaching at The Tucker Recreation Center for a couple of years and I love it.  The classes and the facility are really great. I really look forward to being with the students each week, we have developed a very nice relationship based on clay.  We have a lot of fun and I plan to be there for many more years.

Now, I have been asked to teach a beginning wheel throwing at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center this summer. I'm very excited about this opportunity.  As you may know, I've been a resident artist at Callanwolde for a little while and I really enjoy it too.  The people are wonderful, the students have access to several different types of firing and the grounds are beautiful and inspiring.  Since the pottery classes in Tucker are off for the summer this works out really well for me and for any students that want to come to Callanwolde for a summer class.

Lori Buff demonstrating altering a pot by Future Relics Gallery
Altering a Pot

The classes will be held on Tuesdays from 9:30 am till 12 noon for eight weeks.  For more info and to sign up go to the Callanwolde class catalog and look in the pottery section.  Registration opens on May 15th and classes do fill up quickly.

I'm also going to be teaching the kids clay class at Callanwolde again in the fall. Follow me on social media or this blog to get all the detail about those classes.

Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

Popular Posts