Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Silenced?

Several years ago I made this mug as part of a series of works that I called "The Emergence." The pots were inspired by some of the old buildings I've seen where a brick wall has been plastered over but the plaster has started crumbling off the wall to reveal the bricks and a message.  Often the message is simply an advertisement but sometimes it can be some graffiti that makes a statement about the time in which it was written.  Now that the Senate has tried to shut up the voice of Senator Elizabeth Warren as she spoke the words of Coretta Scott King I am thinking about this mug again.

I wish I had a better picture of it. The message reads "We will not be silenced" but part of the word "silenced" is still covered by the plaster.



Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery by Lori Buff

Comments

  1. I remember when you working on that series. Good to hear your voice on the blog again. It seems we've all had a difficult time putting words down lately.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Put it out there! Much tamer and more meaningful than Nathan Brays mugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts