Skip to main content

Featured

Golden Cloud

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2Je4P64

Reading While We Work

Do you love to read?  I do but I'm a very slow reader.  I like to relish a story by spending time with it.  I want to miss the characters when I'm done with the book.   This means that I normally have a growing stack of books I want to read.
One solution is audio books.  I can listen to someone read me a story while my hands are dirty with clay.  I got the idea from listening to books on tape while taking long drives (the interstates can be pretty dull) but I noticed that on gloomy days the books on tape acted like a bed time story.  This is not a good idea when you're driving alone.  Thankfully, that doesn't happen when I'm in the studio.  I guess I'm more engaged in my pots than my driving.
I've discovered a few sites where I can listen to books for free.  LibriVox offers books read by volunteers, many of them quite good.  They may not be quite as good as ones read by professional actors but the price is right and it's great that people are willing to volunteer their time to read an entire book.  In many cities the public library offers books for download (e-books as well as audio books). 
Yes, there's an app for that.
Check out the gallery page - Future Relics Gallery

Comments

Popular Posts